DAY 1 (28 Sept 23)
- 1120: Fly to Mulu by Maswings.
- Arrival at Mulu airport and transfer to Mulu National Park. Proceed to the National Park Headquarters for registration and lunch at the Park’s canteen.
- Proceed to Kuala Litut on another 1-hour boat ride (depending on water level; during dry season boats need to be pushed at very shallow spots). A 2 hours’ trek will lead you from Kuala Litut to Camp 5, a big shelter, located at the foothills of Mount Api.
- A simple dinner will be served at Camp 5.
- Overnight at Camp 5 (very simple accommodation)
DAY 2 (29 Sept 23)
- After a light breakfast, you will start to climb Mount Api. Even the trail is rather short, with a length of less than
- 3 km, this formidable steep mountain provides a real challenge. Take only the bare essentials and drinking water with you for this climb. Start your climb of 4-5 hours up to the top of Mount Api.
- At an altitude of 850 meters above sea level, the lowland limestone forest disappears and an enchanting realm of montane forest with pitcher plants and orchids takes over. Then the steepest part of the climb begins. A series of aluminum ladders have been strategically placed over the worst of the gaping voids.
- Once you have reached the top (1,710 m above sea level), you can enjoy a spectacular view of the surrounding limestone landscape with the famous Pinnacles, which are up to 45 meters tall and appear to stand out like huge knifes against the hardy trees that manage to get a foothold in narrow crevice of the limestone landscape. After a simple picnic, trek back to Camp 5. Relax or have a cooling bath in the river before dinner.
- Overnight at Camp 5 (very simple accommodation). (B/L/D)
DAY 3 (30 Sept 23)
- After breakfast, you will venture on the 12 km long Headhunter’s Trail (~5 hrs trek) to Kuala Terikan. This routewas used in the old days during the tribal wars by the Kayan tribe, who came by boat from Baram area via the Melinau river. The Kayan war parties then carried or dragged their boats overland along this trail to Terikan river, to attack and raid the tribes in the Limbang area.
- From Kuala Terikan continue for about 3 hours by boat (depending on water level; during dry season boats need to be pushed at very shallow spots), traveling on the Terikan and Medalam rivers, to an Iban longhouse tour. The journey continues to limbang town by car.
- Overnight at the Purnama Hotel (simple accommodation).
DAY 4 (1 Oct 23)
- After breakfast, you will Transfer to Limbang Airport to Fly back to Miri.
- End of Expedition.
NOTE 1) The above itinerary is dynamic and subject to change according to team progress & other components MT.API PINNACLES + HEADHUNTER TRAIL
- RM2100/4-5 pack
- RM1950/6-10 Pack
- Accommodation at Camp 5
- Accommodation at Limbang Hotel
- MAs wings Flight (Miri – Mulu)
- MAs wings Flight (Limbang – Miri)
- Transportation (Mulu Airport – Mulu Park)
- Transportation (Hotel – Limbang Aorport)
- Meals & Beverages (Pinnacles Hike)
- Mountain Guides (Pinnacles)
- Porter for Ration
- Boats (Mulu Park – Kuala Litut)
- Boats (Kuala Litut – Kuala Terikan)
- Climbing Certificates.
- Entrance Fee.
- Flight KL – Miri – KL;
- Personal Porter
- Meals – Miri Town; during at Mulu Park (Mulu Cafe);
PERSON IN CHARGE
- Please contact Person in charge to confirm slots and availability
Eddy : 017 256 5965