The BlackWash finish gives a knife that already-broken-in look and provides an extra measure of protection for the metal. It also helps hide any additional scratches you may put on the knife during normal use.
The Cryo II is the result of collaboration between Rick Hinderer and the design and production engineers at Kershaw. The original Cryo (model 1555TI) was selected as a Blade Show “Best Buy” and was chosen as Men’s Journal Approved Gear.
Like all Cryos, this BlackWashed version is equipped with SpeedSafe assisted opening for smooth and easy one-handed opening. Access it with the built-in flipper or thumb stud.
The blade steel is heat treated to Kershaw’s exacting standards. The handle is stainless steel with a sturdy frame lock to securely lock the blade open during use. A Hinderer lockbar stabilizer ensures the lock doesn’t over-extend. For maximum carry flexibility and discretion, the BlackWash Cryo II includes a four-position deep-carry pocket clip.
- Use Everyday, Work
- Type Assisted, Folder
- Style Pocketknife
- Designer Rick Hinderer
- Blade Style Drop Point
- Blade Edge Plain
- Opening Action Assisted SpeedSafe®
- Opens With Flipper
- Lock Type Frame lock, lockbar stabilizer
- Pocketclip 4-position deep-carry (right/left; tip-up/down)
- Handle Color BlackWash™
- Hardware Steel tube spacers
- Blade Length 3.25 in. (8.3 cm)
- Blade Material 8Cr13MoV
- Blade Finish/Coating Black-oxide BlackWash™ coating
- Blade Thickness 0.118 in. (3 mm)
- Closed Length 4.4 in. (11.2 cm)
- Handle Material Stainless steel
- Handle Finish/Coating Black-oxide BlackWash™ coating
- Handle Thickness 0.38 in. (9.8 mm)
- Overall Length 7.75 in. (19.7 cm)
- Weight 5.5 oz. (155.9 g)