Even though the Sonoma is part of our ACE line, we decided to go all out on this first release produced by our newest manufacturer, Reate Knives. We designed it with a milled titanium skeletonized clip, rather than the standard ACE line wire clip, and anodized titanium pivot collars and backspacer similar to what we’ve done on the limited edition GM line knives. Two versions of the Sonoma will be available upon release – one in stonewashed titanium with a satin finished blade, and one in PVD titanium with a fine stonewashed blade.
In May 2021 we released a Deep Pocket Carry Clip for the Titanium Sonoma, and going forward, each Titanium Sonoma sold will include this clip as an accessory so you can swap the milled titanium clip for the deep pocket clip as desired. The Deep Pocket Carry Clips are produced in Titanium by Reate Knives.
Our decision on the name for this folder is a nod to Sonoma County which lies just north of GiantMouse’s original headquarters in Marin County, California. Sonoma is known for its scenic beauty – rolling hills and valleys, acres upon acres of vineyards, and over 250 wineries. The alluring landscape, along with no end to amazing food and wine, makes Sonoma an ideal place for the GiantMouse Team to get our creative juices flowing.
- Blade Steel: Böhler M390 MICROCLEAN stainless steel. Stonewash Finish.
- Handle: Titanium – PVD Stonewashed.
- Clip: Milled Titanium.
- Pivot Mechanism: Ball bearings.
- Locking Mechanism: Frame lock.
- Blade Length: 3.4″ (87.3mm) – measured from tip to forward-most aspect of frame
- Blade Thickness: 0.138″ (3.5mm)
- Handle Length: 4.5″ (114.3mm)
- Overall Length: 8″ (203.2mm)
- Weight: 3.7oz (105g)
There are no reviews yet.