A strong, capable knife, with a sleek useful puuku-like blade profile, the Nimbus cuts like a dream due to the high full flat grind and thin edge. A modern looking folder with attitude and a ton of cutting power.
Our inspiration for the ACE Nimbus came from the classic Danish motorcycle of the same name. The Nimbus motorcycle, originally conceived in 1915 by Danish Designer Peder Fisker, was in production from 1919 to 1960. In an article about the 1957 Type C Nimbus, ‘Motorcycle Classics’ writes that the Nimbus is “not the machine you want for running along the Interstate at 80mph or ripping past Porsches while going over 12,000ft Independence Pass. This was intended to be a utilitarian workhorse, a back-woods hauler; run it slow, and it would run nigh on forever.”
Borrowing from the rugged, utilitarian design objectives of the Nimbus motorcycle, this knife is our take on a great “tool knife”. The GiantMouse ACE Nimbus is the knife you’ll want to keep in your winter coat, backpack, working jeans or toolbox. The sort of knife that will be there when you need it. This is the knife you will love to use for years to come.
- Blade Steel: Elmax. Stonewash finish.
- Handle: Natural Canvas Micarta.
- Clip: Wire – Reversible.
- Liner: AISI 420 Hardened – Bead Blasted.
- Pivot Mechanism: Bronze Washers.
- Locking Mechanism: Liner lock.
- Blade Length: 3″ (76.2mm) – measured from tip to forward-most aspect of frame
- Blade Thickness: 0.138″ (3.5mm)
- Handle Length: 4.1875″ (106.36mm)
- Overall Length: 7.25″ (184.15mm)
- Weight: 3.8oz (107.73g)
Manufactured to exacting quality standards in Maniago, Italy